This month’s set of new articles and app notes covers PDN, SPICE Modeling, and Assessing
Voltage Regulator Performance
How do I pick the best voltage regulator
for my circuit?
There are so many different voltage regulators on the market these days. How do
I pick one that will be good for my circuit? This article covers the key characteristics
you need to compare.
PCB characteristics affect PDN performance
The basic design rules for PDN teach us that the best performance is obtained from
a uniform, flat impedance profile. This is one reason that power supply stability
is important, since a power supply with poor stability results in impedance peaks,
which degrade the flat impedance profile and the performance of the circuit being
Definitive Handbook of Transistor Modeling
Techniques and examples for modeling BJTs and diodes. With a “How to Tweak”
guide that includes SPICE parameter definitions and their impact on data sheet curves.
Paralleling Tantalum and Ceramic Capacitors Can Be Risky Paralleling
capacitors to achieve high frequency sideband decoupling must take into account
the performance characteristics of individual capacitors.
Measure PDN on a budget
As the use of microcontrollers, CPUs and FPGAs continues
to grow, more engineers are facing challenges with their PDN design and measurement.
Typically, PDN measurements are performed using a network analyzer. A 1-port measurement
can be used for impedance levels above a few hundred mΩ. A 2-port shunt-thru measurement
is used for applications as low as 1mΩ. This article discusses both of these S-parameter
Assessing Point-Of-Load Regulators Using Non-Invasive Techniques
Evaluating the stability of a Point-Of-Load (“POL”) regulator can be performed using both traditional
Bode plot and output impedance measurement techniques.
AEi Systems and its partners perform a variety of testing and characterization services.
Please see below for some very unique capabilities; many of which are not readily
If you need any of these capabilities, resources or equipment please give us a call
at 702-625-0568, email@example.com.
- Component Testing or Circuit Characterization
- Semiconductors, Batteries, Solar Cells, and FPGAs
- Reliability and Life Testing
Specialized Testing and Assessments
- Micro/Nano Analysis for Components and
- High Temperature Testing and Failure
Analysis; Oil/Gas Electronics; other extreme conditions
- Counterfeit Parts Assessment
- Mechanical and environmental testing
- Optical measurements including LLF,
Spectroscopic, and scattering diagnostics
- Materials and processes testing and
- Failure analysis and destructive physical
- Thermal, Vibration, Vacuum, Cryogenic,
Impact, and Atmospheric analysis
- Surface Analysis
- Fabrication of carbon-based nano-materials
- Polymer Analysis
- Lasers, Focused ion beam systems
- Electron microscopy in-situ electrical
- Electron beam induced current mapping
- Optical beam induced current mapping
- Photon and thermal (IR) emission microscopy
- Time resolved electroluminescence (TREL),
time-resolved photolu minescence (TRPL)
- Deep Level Transient Spectroscopy (DLTS)
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometer
- Scanning Probe Microscopes (AFM, STM)
- Dynamic Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer
- Low-frequency electrical noise characterization
- Vector network analyzer (DC-65 GHz)
- Micro and nanoscale fabrication, device
integration and materials development
Cheaper than in-house resources
Faster than in-house resources - ready
- Our full-time team of top engineers
with focused backgrounds in reliability, design, WCCA, and test has all the required
core competencies to perform with great efficiency.
- We have a significant number of SPICE
models already made. We have Parts Variability Databases. We have Radiation Data.
Even if you have in-house resources, dealing with models and tolerances can take
a significant amount of time. AEi Systems puts the money and time savings in your
pocket as we do not charge extra for this valuable IP
- Analysis is all we do; Keep your in-house
designers doing what they do best.
- Our proprietary software tools, library
of proven SPICE models, and our 20 years of analytical engineering experience keep
your team ahead of schedule
- No bias - We introduce "checks and balances"
to your design process/SDRLs
How can we help you?
Contact us for more specific information or a no-obligation quotation.